Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Difficult Conversation

(boyfriend and girlfriend walking on the beach)

Sheila: Today was the perfect beach-day. 

Tim: I know right? Nothing could go wrong..

Sheila: No way...

Tim: What?

Sheila: That's Bill! My ex. I haven't seen him in months!  Why don't we just turn around, he hasn't even seen us yet, and look he's with his new girlfriend!

Tim: Oh my god, she looks just like you! 

Sheila: No she doesn't!

Tim: Tall, blonde, glasses... except maybe she's a little fatter..

(bill waves)

Sheila: Great. Now he's seen us. We have to say hi... Do I hug him or give him a handshake? Ugh.


                 Bill! How are you? Its been so long!

Bill: Sheila!!! Hi!! Your good- I mean- I'm good. How are you?

Sheila:...Good

Bill: Umm this is my girlfriend.. Stacey

Stacey: So nice to meet you! Bill talks about you all the time. 

Girlfriend: Oh... ya.. he does?

Stacey: Constantly! And i've seen so many pictures of you hanging around his apartment!

Sheila: Great? Oh I'm sorry, Bill this is Tim.

Tim: Oh hey Bill, you know its funny, Sheila doesn't talk about you much.

Bill: She doesn't?

Tim: Nope. 

Sheila: Anyways it was nice seeing you but we've got to run!

Bill: Ya I'm so glad I ran into you. We should totally get together sometime! Did you change your number? I've tried texting you 

Sheila: Oh ya you know I've been having trouble with my cell lately. Okay bye!

Tim: Ya, bye is right. 



 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely enjoyed this conversation! It was pretty hilarious and i was laughing out loud! The things that I enjoyed most about your dialogue was that you brought in so many characters and I thought it was unique. Most dialogues you see are just between two people. But you were able to create a scene where you felt like you were actually there on the beach with Sheila and Tim. You did this by inserting great sensory details! The only thing i found wrong with this dialogue was that it was a little lacking. Sheila kind of just say hi to her ex-boyfriend and then says bye. You might want to try to add a little bit more to the dialogue so that it is more awesome than it already was!

    ReplyDelete