Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flifferhozza


         As I rounded the corner of the bleak path, my hand firmly grasping the rope, which held the scraggly dog, a far away house came into view. The house rather – the shack – stood before me with splintered wooden steps leading up to the porch. The hinge on the front door creaked slowly as it swung open and closed in the wind. “Is this where you came from?” I asked the dog. He looked up at me and through the long hair that hung over his eyes I could see an expression of despair. But now, the dirt road on which we trod ended, and became tall grass leading to the wooden structure. I questioned whether to move forward. The sun stood high in the sky but something about this place felt dark and cold. I couldn’t just leave him here to run off again, where was his owner? As I stepped into the field I shiver ran through my spine. There was something twisted on this land, something evil.
         We were just approaching the house as I felt a sharp tug on my wrist. The dog was pulling with all its might, an act of sheer terror trying to escape the property, but its poor frail figure soon gave into my grip on the rope and he reluctantly followed behind me, his tail tucked between his legs. I stepped onto the porch, carful to avoid the broken wooden boards. Knocking on the door, the house let out a loud crackling noise, as if it was warning me “danger get away while you can.”
         “Hello, is anyone home? I found your do – ”  “– you there!” I shot around. “What are you doing with my dog, girl?” How did this woman get here? There was no way I could’ve missed her on my walk in. The field is completely open with no place for her to hide! She stood ten feet before me. Her long black hair did not fall, but hovered around her head like a crown of death. Her leathery face was wrinkled and a tattered black cloak draped over her bony shoulders. “Flifferhozza, come here you stupid brute. So your trying to steal my dog, are you?” She began walking towards me, “Don’t you know who this dog is?” “I’m sorry I was just –” “ – This is the rarest bread to walk the earth, bread by the devil, a sacrifice of its soul will bring a witch like I immense power.”
         Then I grabbed the innocent dog, we booked it out of there and lived happily ever after, the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment